Status: Partial EOC Activation due to COVID-19
|Visit these web sites for COVID-19 Information|
|Steele County Public Health|
|Steele County Public Health facebook|
|MN Department of Health COVID-19 information|
|Information on Minnesota government actions|
|MN Specific Dashboard on COVID-19 cases|
|CDC COVID-19 Information|
For Steele County Emergency Management updates, visit:
- Steele County Emergency Management Facebook
- Steele County Emergency Twitter
- Steele County Road Closures
Welcome to Steele County Emergency Management
Steele County Emergency Management maintains an on-call state of readiness twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. This is accomplished by the dedication of three Emergency Management Directors:
- Kristen Sailer, Emergency Management Director,
- Tom Karnauskas, Deputy Emergency Management Director,
- Megan Norbeck, Deputy Emergency Management Director,
Our volunteer programs include:
- CERT – Community Emergency Response Team
- SKYWARN – Severe Weather Spotter program
- RACES – Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
- CAER – Community Awareness Emergency Response.
These programs are successful because of many volunteers who with the willingness of their family and employers are able to leave at a moments notice to serve our community when needed. Our staff and volunteers are well prepared to respond to disasters because of their pride and enthusiasm they show in ongoing training for disaster response. They have been tried and tested during tornadoes, floods and other disasters and have performed extremely well in past disasters. In addition to responding to disasters, our staff and volunteers provide public education opportunities in disaster preparedness, response and recovery.
Steele County Emergency Management is also supported by many other groups, including:
- American Red Cross
- Salvation Army
We hope this website has provided you with valuable information regarding the emergency management program and our services along with helpful disaster information.
Please call Steele County Emergency Management at 507-444-7500 if you have any questions.