The information provided here is gathered from multiple sources. Many items are written for residents of Steele County. Additional information will be added in the future.
- Prepare For An Emergency – Prepare for the unexpected.
- Emergency Alert Systems – Information on how warnings are issued.
Personal and Family Protection
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Learn the types, use, and maintaining these imporant life saving devices.
- Fire Extinguishers – Learn the types, use, and maintenance of fire extinguishers.
- NOAA All Hazard Alert Radio – Learn about the benefits and use.
- Sandbags – Read about the basics of filling and stacking sandbags.
- Smoke Detectors – Installation and Maintenance Tips
- Sprinkler Systems – Myths and Facts
- Biological Hazard – Prepare for and know how to react to a biological incident.
- Carbon Monoxide – Be alert to this silent and deadly hazard.
- Chemical Hazard – Prepare for and know what to do for chemical releases.
- Explosive Hazard – Know how to react to bomb threats.
- Flood Hazard – What to do before, during, and after a flood.
- Heat and Humidity – Be alert to heat related illnesses.
- Lightning Hazard – Learn the myths and facts about lightning
- Nuclear Hazard – Information on how to respond to radiation.
- Terrorism Threats – Follow these general guidelines for terrorism threats.
- Tornado Hazard – Prepare for and know how to respond to a tornado.
- Winter Storms – Be ready for winter storms
|Additional Sources of Information|
|American Red Cross||AARP|
|MN Department of Health||ready.gov|